Image Map

Face of the Day #1

17 August 2013

Before I go any further with this entry, I just want to let everyone know that I am not, in any way, a make up guru. Literally, I know very little about it at all. The stuff that I have picked up is from other people's blogs and Youtube videos. So, my Face of the Day entries are likely to be very basic.

Eyes

I recently purchased the MUA eyeshadow palette, Heaven and Earth from my local Superdrug. It's currently sold out on MUA's website, but you could probably still bag one in stores. This palette is perfect for an every day, natural look. I really like to use different browns as I feel they bring out my eyes, and I am sure that you could mix these shadows to create really dramatic looks, but I wouldn't know how to go about that! The MUA palettes are a bargain for £4 each, if they didn't keep selling out so quickly I'd have one of each!







The mascara I used for this look is one I received in a Glossybox a while ago. I no longer have a subscription with them, because I had to start saving for my wedding, so expenses had to be cut down! I might start it again at some point, but I'll have to judge whether I feel the products are worth it. Anyway, this mascara is a perfect "medium" mascara. I am lucky enough to have quite long lashes, and when I just want them to be slightly curled and not too dramatic, this mascara achieves that. I don't seem to have any problems with it smudging throughout the day, and it doesn't clump either. You can purchase it here for £14.99.





Face

I also used the Shimmer Kiss Blusher. This blusher is BEAUTIFUL. It's probably my favourite. I apply this by swirling the brush all around the palette. It leaves a very subtle shimmery blush, nothing too over the top. Perfect for work! And it's super cheap, at just £3. It is sold out on MUA's website, but you could probably find it in Superdrug stores.













Thanks for reading :) xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment