Image Map

Weekly Book Round Up #2

23 August 2013




This book is the fourth in a series that I am really enjoying. I love the humour, the magical elements, and the fact that it's centered around the London police force. This book didn't really get going until the end, and then absolutely loads happened. Its finished on a pretty big cliff-hanger, so I'm quite bummed about having to wait a whole year for the next one! The story follows Peter Grant, a police officer who gets sucked into a secret section of the police force that deals with magical crime. Definitely worth a read if urban fantasy is your kind of thing.

Nicola's rating: 4.5/5



After reading Gone Girl, I couldn't resist trying out one of Gillian Flynns other novels. I would say that this one is probably even more messed up than Gone Girl. A female journalist returns to her home town to cover the story of two girls who have been murdered. She stays with her mother, who she has never gotten on with, and shenanigans ensue. This is definitely not one for the faint-hearted, and if you have a teeth phobia, I would steer clear! I did enjoy it, and the novel keeps you on your toes regarding the killer, but it will mess with your brain a bit.

Nicola's rating: 4/5



Overall I haven't read much this week because I've been really busy, and the book that I am currently reading and will (hopefully) be reviewing in next weeks post is MASSIVE. I'm looking forward to finishing it and starting something else!


Thanks for reading :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment