Image Map

Glossybox October 2013

16 October 2013

The theme for October's Glossybox is Dark Romance. I've been looking forward to this box, hoping for something slightly halloweeny, so here are my thoughts upon first receiving the box!





Vita Liberata Latte Illuminating Skin Finish

This is supposed to be a slightly bronzing body balm. They have provided two sachets, but I'm not entirely sure that this will be enough. Also I'm always naturally a bit wary about bronzing products. I like being pale!




Harmony Moisturising Smoothie Serum

This is a moisturiser that can also be used as a primer. I've just rubbed some onto my hand and it seems to sink into the skin quite nicely, and it's left it really soft. It's got quite a nice scent too, so I can definitely see myself using this.




Monu Illuminating Primer

Another primer! This has a thicker consistency than the Harmony one, and I'm not sure I like the smell as much. It hasn't absorbed as nicely either. I might need to experiment with this one a bit more!





Unica Kiss it Better Cream

This is a cream for sensitive or dry skin. I think I would get some use out of this if I suffered from dry skin, but I don't. Also, it's got quite an unusual smell. Sort of fruity, but with something else added that makes it kind of funky (not in a good way).




MeMeMe Cherub's Blush

The one item in this box that fits with the theme. This sort of product only needs a tiny amount applying, so no doubt this will last for ages, and I've not tried a liquid tint before so I'm quite intrigued by this.




Overall, I'm a bit disappointed. I rely on Glossybox for new make up products that I can review throughout the month, and the October box has sadly fallen short! I will try and use the primers to see what I think, but they're not as fun to review, and I'm also disappointed that the box didn't really live up to the theme. I can see what they've tried to do, providing products to save your skin during the autumn, but make that the theme! Don't try and make it sort of halloweeny and romantic, everyone knows dry skin is anything but. Hopefully November's box will be a bit more fun!

2 comments:

  1. The box you received is better than another variety that I have seen going around, although it is still pretty disappointing! At least you got one item that matched the theme, the other didn't have any!
    They really need to step up their game, two primers is a bit ridiculous. x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I had thought that they were starting to show some improvement but they've definitely disappointed a lot of people this month, judging by Facebook and other blog posts!

      Delete