Image Map

Applelicious Lip Balms

04 December 2013

A while ago, I discovered the NYC brand in Superdrug, and was immediately in love with their Applelicious lip balms. However, my Superdrug is not that great at restocking it's shelves, and some of the shades of this balm don't seem to be around for long before they're all gone! Recently though, I stumbled across an Ebay seller that had two shades that were definitely not available in Superdrug for sale, so I've decided to show you my growing collection.




The first shade I picked up is Apple Blossom. It's quite a natural looking shade on the lips, which is what drew me to it in the first place. I like a lip balm that can just be slapped on without needing to faff about with a mirror!


 


Next up is Big Apple Red. This one isn't as pigmented as I had thought it would be, I'd imagined it to be redder. It's another easy to apply balm, but it still gives a nice pop of colour.





 




Third in line is Garnet Gala. This is much more pigmented, and has a slight metallic sheen to it. This is one of the shades that I purchased from Ebay, and I'm really glad I found it!



The other shade from the Ebay order was Apple Blueberry Pie. I love the colour of this one! It's a gorgeous purpley colour with an almost blue sheen to it. I think it looks a bit eighties haha!





Finally, we have Applelicious Pink. This is a great hot pink colour, and it's my favourite out of the lot. It's really bright, without being too over the top.



So that's my collection. The shades available in the U.S. look fantastic, I wish they were available over here too! Have you tried the NYC Applelicious lip balms?

1 comment: