Image Map

How to Look the Best at Everything Set

20 January 2014


So this post is going to be a bit photo heavy, but I'm so excited about this set! Having not tried Benefit's make up before, this Christmas has been a complete bonanza! First off, how gorgeous is the packaging? The outer box is designed to look like a book, and it particularly reminds me of victorian manuals and guides. Clearly I was always going to love this.
 
 

 






I requested the set in the lightest shade available, as I'm pretty pale skinned. The set comes with a miniature Porefessional balm, a sample bottle of the Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation in Cheers to Me Champagne, two Boi-ing concealers, and the Me Vain? Champagne powder. There's also a handy Tips and Tricks book attached to the lid of the set.


 

 






I'm going to take you through applying the set as laid out in the Tips and Tricks book, beware, there's a scary make up free picture coming up!


Cue screams of horror.

So, I started with no make up, and a clean face. The first step is to apply the Porefessional Pro balm. This feels and looks like peanut butter, which was a little bit worrying! But it smoothes onto the skin really nicely.




With the Porefessional Pro balm applied.

Already there's a slight blurring effect. It smoothed my skin pretty well. The next step is the Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation. I applied this with a brush, as thats what I'm most comfortable with, but I'm sure using your fingertips is just as effective. I got this absolutely everywhere when I first used the pump though, go steady with it! I was quite nervous about applying this as I thought that it might be a bit too dark. Looking at the selection of foundations, I'd have probably gone for one of the ivory shades.




I was pretty pleasantly surprised though. It applied really nicely and blended well with the brush. I should really have moisturised first though, as it did cling to some dry patches of skin on my face.


With foundation.

The next step is the Boi-ing concealer. The Tips and Tricks book recommends blending these two shades together to create a custom concealer. I blended them on the back of my hand and then dabbed them under my eyes.




I'm not really sure if I applied enough, but I still felt that my under eye circles were quite visible.


After applying Boi-ing concealer.

The final step is the Me Vain? powder. I dusted this over my face with the brush provided, and I definitely think that this is the perfect finishing touch.




Below is the final look! Overall I'm pretty chuffed with this set. It's a great introduction to Benefit's make up, and enables you to use sample sizes of the more expensive products to get a feel for what you like and don't like. I think that the set provides a pretty decent coverage, but I did find it to be quite a bit heavier than the daily foundation that I'm used to. I would probably be more likely to use this set for a night out.



You can purchase the How to Look the Best at Everything set in Light here for £25.50.






3 comments:

  1. This looks like a great set to try a little bit of everything, and the packaging is amazing!!
    Also, you have such good skin :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This set looks so good! I love the colours, so pretty! :) Nice packaging too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this!! You're right, I thought the same thing, it looks like a really cool retro book! I am a drugstore girl myself and I've never used any benefit products but I have been eyeing that porefessional for so long. I have terrible pores and people are always raving about it; I might have to try this set! Looks like a really fun way to give them all a try! :)

    Visiting from the Beauty Blogger Bunch!
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete