Image Map

Weekly Book Round Up #19

20 December 2013


 
 
I originally promised myself I wasn't going to read these super fast because the author is still writing the series and the next book doesn't come out until 2015, but I'm completely devouring them. In this part of A Storm of Swords, a lot of stuff happens. There are major plot developments with most of the characters, and as much as I'd like to, I can't elaborate more without getting into super spoiler territory! I think this has probably been my favourite book so far, mainly because we're past the point of the TV series now, so whenever anything big happens it's a genuine surprise or shock! I loved it.
 
 
Nicola's rating: 5/5
 
 
 





This is a reread, and it's one of my most favourite books ever. The book is about two magicians who each teach a student how to use magic, and then pit them against each other in a venue. The venue in this case happens to be the night circus. It's just such an absolutely magical book. The circus itself is described in such stunning detail, and the story is completely captivating. This is also such a seasonal book. I can't imagine reading it in Spring or Summer, it's very much an Autumn/Winter book. I can't really do it justice on here, all you need to know is that if you haven't read it, then you definitely should!
 
 
 
Nicola's rating: 5/5
 
 




1 comment:

  1. The Night Circus has been on my TBR list for a very long time. I need to get around to it soon!

    ReplyDelete