Image Map

Love Me Beauty Box - December edition

11 January 2014


Anyone who reads this blog regularly will know that I've pretty much fallen out of love with Glossybox. I'd seen a few good reviews of Love Me Beauty though, and had decided to subscribe to get the January box. However, a couple of days ago I received an email from Love Me Beauty offering the last few December box options at half price, and obviously I couldn't turn that down!



I think this is option 2 out of the 3 menu choices. My first impressions are pretty favourable, the packaging has really impressed me. Not because it's anything particularly special, but because it's 100% recyclable. With Glossybox, there's so much packaging left over that just gets binned, so to have everything recyclable is a great idea.



First up, another brown polish. What is it with beauty boxes and brown nail polishes?! Having said that, this is a much nicer shade than I got from both of the December Glossyboxes. Will I be keeping it? Probably not. But this is a brand that I haven't tried before, and the colour isn't so disgusting that I can't face doing a full mani with it!



 
This box option included two moisturiser samples, which I was happy with. I don't like the idea of facial oils (which were in the other option) as my skin can get quite greasy, and I'm always happy to give new moisturisers a go. We've got Rodial's Glamtox day moisturiser and S5 Restore Cream. Both of these are ridiculously expensive for the full size bottles, so I'm interested to see if I can spot any obvious skin improvements.



 
Finally, we've got two Lord and Berry products. This was one thing that originally put me off from subscribing to Love Me Beauty. They seem to repeat their brands fairly often. I've spotted Lord and Berry products in a few of their other boxes, but as I didn't receive those I was happy to get a couple of things in this box. I got the lip liner in Spice, and the lipstick in Glazed Pink. The lip liner is a bit too brown for my liking, but maybe once applied it might look a bit better. The lipstick is pretty impressive though. The packaging is really nice and feels really sturdy and expensive. The colour is pretty much prefect for my skin tone, and I can't wait to wear it to work.






Overall, Love Me Beauty have impressed me with their December box. I've already picked my box for January, and I can't wait to receive it. I've also subscribed to Birch Box after their cheeky spoiler revealing that a Benefit product will be included with January's box! I might very well end up cancelling Glossybox and sticking with Love Me Beauty and Birch Box at this rate...
Do you subscribe to any beauty boxes? Which is your favourite?


6 comments:

  1. Oooh this looks like a fab box, and even better if you got it half price! I love the look of the L&B lipstick :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been hesitant with these boxes, because I feel like I won't get suitable products. That said, this box looks amazing.. the polish and lipstick are my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My subscription has just finished with Glossybox, looking for a new box to subscribe to now, so thank you for the review! Love the nail polish!

    JYUKIMI.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lipstick looks fabulous! I am not currently subscribed to any beauty boxes, but this one looks good! ♥

    Brittany's Secret

    ReplyDelete
  5. This beauty box looks lovely. Love the nail polish :)

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This beauty box looks really good, I might have to consider it :)

    http://fabulouslifestylebylisa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete