Image Map

Weekly Book Round Up #21

03 January 2014


This is another quite lame Weekly Book Round Up unfortunately! I only just managed to finish the massive David Starkey book that I talked about last week on Wednesday. I was lucky enough to get some lovely Amazon vouchers for Christmas so I had a bit of a splurge and bought myself some 'real' books, and kindle books. The book I'm going to be reviewing today was one of my kindle purchases. I'm not going to go over the David Starkey book again as I sort of told you all about it last week!
 
 

 
 
Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely series was a bit hit and miss for me. I really enjoyed one set of characters, but the other set bored me. So considering the 5 book series alternated between the two sets of characters, I only really enjoyed 3 of the books. The series followed the faeries of Summer and Winter courts, and the coming battle between the two. Desert Tales is a companion book to the Wicked Lovely series which takes place around the same time as the fourth novel. You don't see a lot of the original characters, this is mainly introducing new characters and storylines. It follows Rika, who is a solitary fae who is forced to take a more active role in the desert faeries politics to protect them from being bullied into allying with the Summer court. It's a relatively short story, but it was nice to revisit the world of Wicked Lovely again, and you don't really need to have read the Wicked Lovely books to enjoy this novel.



Nicola's rating: 3.5/5



 

 
I'll try and have a few more books in my round up next week! I've got a few thin ones to read, so hopefully I can flesh these posts out a bit more. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment