Image Map

Weekly Book Round Up #23

18 January 2014

Apologies for this being a day late, I had Friday off work to go shopping with my mum because it's her birthday on Monday, and I've also been super busy at work this week!




Another trilogy finished! When the first book in this series came out, everyone was vampire mad, but this was set in the UK so it was slightly different to most of the other YA novels. The story follows April Dunne and her family as they move to London from Edinburgh. She starts a new school with a strong reputation for accepting only the brightest students, but soon finds out that the school is being run by vampires, and that some of the students are also vampires. In this book, April is working with her friends and family to bring down the school for good, but she spends an awful lot of time whinging about it before she actually gets around to doing anything. To be honest, I was pretty glad to end the series!


Nicola's rating: 2/5




This is a spin off book from Jessica Verday's debut trilogy, based around the legend of Sleepy Hollow. I really enjoyed the series, but I read it a while ago and couldn't really remember who the characters in this novel were, and their relation to Abbey and Caspian. Read alone though, this is still easy enough to handle if you haven't read the Hollow trilogy. It follows Cyn, who is on the run and thinks she's been possessed, and Avian, who hunts demons. I devoured this in about 2 hours. Give it a go.


Nicola's rating: 3.5/5


 Only two books this week, but I have been very busy, and I've also been playing Pokemon on my DS quite a bit! I'll try and get three done for next weeks post :)


No comments:

Post a Comment