Image Map

Weekly Book Round Up #24

24 January 2014


 
 
This was such a weird book. Having read Melissa Marr's stuff before, I'd kind of got her down for creepy fairytales, but this was completely different. The story is set in a world inhabited by people who have always been there, and the 'arrivals'. The arrivals always appear when someone dies, and they come from different times and places, with no obvious pattern. However, not every death is permanent. Occasionally people wake up after 6 days. The world is described as sort of wild westy, very cowboyish. Lots of guns and saloons, and rival factions fighting for power, and for the newest arrival to join their side. Considering this was a short book, it took me quite a long time to get into it. I liked that it was something a bit different, but at the same time didn't enjoy as much as her other books.
 
 
Nicola's rating: 2.5/5
 
 
 
 
 
I've been interested in this since it came out. I love the Stephanie Plum books, so I couldn't wait to get my teeth into this. This is a new series from Janet Evanovich, which follows Kate O'Hare, an FBI agent, and Nick Fox, a con man she's been chasing for 5 years. In exchange for his freedom, the FBI decide to team Nick and Kate up to catch criminals through elaborate cons. I loved this, it was ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as Stephanie Plum, funny, sexy, and fast-paced. I love that they've set up the team from this con to reappear in the next book, and I can't wait for it to come out!
 
 
Nicola's rating: 4/5
 
 
 

Another two book week unfortunately. I've been insanely busy at home and at work this week, so reading has had to take a bit of a backseat!
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book reviews! I love reading and have actually been looking for a book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love book reviews! The Arrivals does sound a little odd, but it could be an interesting read!
    I've not even managed to finish one book this week haha :(

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read Marr before and you are right this book sound weird, but now I wanna read it :)

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete