Image Map

Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balms-The Reds

05 February 2014


I'm sure I wasn't the only one out there super excited to get their hands on the Revlon Colorburst Balms! I was really interested in trying out the Lacquers more than the Matte shades, as I just prefer a shinier finish. I'm going to be doing two posts on these, as I went a little bit crazy and bought 6 different shades in one week.


Today I will be talking about the reds! Unusually for me I picked up a slightly orangey colour to try out as well.


Below I've got some on the arm swatches, and on the lip swatches. The shade that most surprised me here was Enticing. I expected it to be a much darker shade, especially after seeing how pigmented Provocateur was!


So, first up we've got Tease. I really like this shade, it's an orangey colour that I don't normally go for. The main reason I decided to risk it this time around was simply because I thought that this would just be a light balmy orange, as a opposed to a more matte colour. I was right, and I love it! It feels very springy and fresh, and I'll definitely be breaking this out over the coming months.


Tease


How lovely is Enticing? This is such a gorgeous berry red, but it's like it was designed for pale people! It's a perfect red for when you just feel like slapping something on quickly without having to worry about getting it on your teeth or smudging it everywhere. This is another shade that I'm sure I'll be wearing all the time. It does have a tiny amount of glitter in it, but it's hardly noticeable.


Enticing
And finally, we have Provocateur. Another gorgeous red, I don't love it quite as much as Enticing, but I still can't get enough of that pigmentation.
Provocateur

Taste and scent wise, these are very slightly minty. I was a bit concerned about this at first as I really don't like tingly lip balms/glosses, and mint isn't one of my favourite flavours at all, but it's barely noticeable. I find it to be more noticeable with a slight tingle when reapplying, but it's still hardly there.
As I mentioned in the post on the pink shades, I have found these balms to be quite drying on my lips. I wore Tease to work and found that my lips were dry at the end of the day, however I did only have to reapply it twice throughout the whole day, which is pretty good.
I think out of all the shades I picked up, the reds have definitely won me over more than the pinks. I'm absolutely in love with how easy to wear they are, and the gorgeous pigmentation!
These balms are available from Boots and are £7.99 each. They are also currently in a 3 for 2 deal so get on that!
Have you tried any of the Revlon Colorburst Lacquer balms? What did you think?

4 comments:

  1. thats annoying that theyre drying since they're marketed as balms. i really want to try the matte ones

    Stephanie's Look

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right about 'enticing' - what a lovely colour! I'd have expected them to be more moisturising too though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shades look lovely, too bad it dried your lips out :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tease! such a glam colour, it's a shame it dries your lips out :( I may try tease though :)

    ReplyDelete