Image Map

Weekly Book Round Up #33

30 March 2014


Many apologies for this post being later than usual, I started my new job last Monday and so didn't get an awful lot of time to read. This book is part of Jackson Pearce's series of retold fairytales. You could read these books as standalone novels, as the main characters are always different. There are appearances of characters from other books in the series, but you wouldn't miss anything in the story by not knowing who they were. Anyway, this book follows Ginny as she goes on a journey to try and win back Kai, her boyfriend who has been stolen by the snow queen. Along the way, she meets Ella and Lucas who know of the Fenris (werewolves) and also manages to get herself kidnapped by gypsies. I would probably say that I enjoyed this novel the least out of the others in the series. I still liked it, but I just found that it seemed like something was missing. The other three novels in this series had elements of fairytales that I'm familiar with (Red Riding Hood, Hansel and Gretel and the Little Mermaid) whereas this one didn't really seem to be following any fairytale in particular, it was more of a mix of several. I'm not sure whether there will be anymore books in this series, but I would hope that if there are, they'll go back to retelling one fairytale per book!


Nicola's rating: 3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment