Image Map

You Beauty Discovery Box - March 2014

26 March 2014


Having been slightly unimpressed by Birchbox, I decided to have a look at the You Beauty Discovery box. This box costs £6.95 a month, and once a month a shortlist of approximately 10 items is released. You then get to pick two items, and are also sent a couple of small extras. I decided to have a go, and I think I might hang around for the April Birchbox (I've got nearly £20 worth of points in my account to spend in the Birchbox shop!), and then cancel my subscription in favour of You Beauty.



I must be the only beauty blogger out there who hasn't received this lip balm in a beauty box or tried this out! I've seen it everywhere, and really fancied giving it a go. I do tend to suffer from dry lips and I'm pretty notorious for hoarding lip balms, so this was an obvious choice for me! The balm is quite sticky once it's on your lips, and I also found that I had to warm the tube up before applying, otherwise I couldn't get anything out!




This Rimmel BB cream is probably another beauty blogger fail on my part too! I just don't tend to really go for skincare unless I'm sure that it's not going to make my skin flare up. However, I wasn't really sure about the other items on the shortlist, so I've decided to take a risk and see what happens. This little tube has a lot of big claims! Apparently this BB cream minimises the appearance of pores, evens skin tone, mattifies, controls shine all day, smoothes, soothes, conceals dark circles, helps prevent blemishes and gives all day coverage. The claims about preventing blemishes and soothing are what gave me the final push to try this out really. I'll see how I get on with it, and maybe do a mini review at some point.





The extra items in this month's box were a couple of flavoured teas (which I will be passing on to friends) and some toe separators. I like the idea of these little extras, and I definitely think I'm going to carry on this box for a few months. Next month's box is focusing on natural and organic products so I can't wait to see what the next shortlist will be!





What do you think of the You Beauty Discovery box? 


 

5 comments:

  1. I would like to see a review on Rimmel BB cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you get to choose at least two items of what you'll receive. So much better than getting a box full of random items, I find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of the Rimmel BB cream :)
    This box sounds like a really nice affordable beauty box option :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like a nice box, even though I´m not sure I would order it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really good!!!
    The products you received were really good to, hopefully I'll get to see what you receive in your next box then I can decide whether or not I want to subscribe to it ;) I'm getting bored of the GlossyBox!

    JESS | WWW.JYUKIMI.COM

    ReplyDelete