Image Map

April Empties

30 April 2014

 Another month has whizzed by, so I've got my empties to show you all! I managed to get through quite a few things again this month.




I've been using this Rodial moisturiser for ages. I got it in the December Love Me Beauty Box, and initially I wasn't that impressed. After a while of using it though, I found that it moisturised my skin really nicely, and it was also great as a base for make up. Unfortunately I don't really like Rodial as a brand, and they're really expensive with a full-size tube of this coming in at around £60-£75.

Repurchase? No.

 
This Dr Brandt Pores no More Pore Refiner lost out to the Porefessional in one of my recent posts, and I didn't really enjoy using it. I stuck with it all the way to the end of the tube though! I found that it made my skin feel quite oily and almost grimey at times, although it was quite effective at blurring my pores.


Repurchase? No. 


 


I was really sad to finish this little pot of La Claree's gentle cleansing milk. This was great at removing make up, and left my skin feeling really refreshed. It's about £19 for a full size bottle, so if I'm feeling flush one day it might fall into my basket!
Repurchase? Hopefully!



Urban Veda is one of my favourite brands, so this sample was never going to last long! This has that trademark Urban Veda scent, quite floral with a hint of herbs, and my skin felt great after using it. At £8.99 a tube, I think I could see myself buying some more items from this range!

Repurchase? Yes.




 I've managed to get through a couple of hand creams this month. This Lavera cream initially put me off because I found the scent to be a bit sun creamy, but it definitely grew on me the more I used it. It didn't sink in as well as I normally like my hand creams to, and left a slight greasy feeling. 


Repurchase? Probably not.


 The other hand cream I used up was this super cute sample from the March Birchbox. This hand cream smells absolutely amazing! Rhubarb is definitely the main scent, I could hardly detect any rose at all. It sinks into your skin very quickly, and left my hands feeling soft and nourished. 

Repurchase? At some point, yes.



This sachet of the Organic Pharmacy's Antioxidant face cream came with this month's You Beauty Discovery box, and I loved it. It's had a very thick creamy formula that meant that I hardly had to use any, and it sank into my skin like a dream. I just wish it wasn't £40 a pot!


Repurchase? No, too expensive.



 


Finally, I managed to get down to the bottom of my bottle of Soap and Glory's Sugar Crush shower gel! This came with the Yule Monty set and it has literally taken me 4 months to use it all up. This has a lovely lime scent, and worked really well with the body butter I got from the same set. I'm not sure I'd repurchase Soap and Glory products individually as they're quite pricey, but I'd definitely get another set similar to Yule Monty!


Repurchase? Maybe as a set.





I can't believe how many samples I got through this month! I can't promise that May's empties will be as jam packed as this month, but I'll try my best! 
Have you tried any of this month's empties?




4 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this Soap&Glory shower gel :) I haven't tried any of these products thought. Great post! xo's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Sugar Crush scent!! The Molton Brown had cream sounds gorgeous, too :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the big Soap and Glory shower gels but they seem to take forever to get through - and I always want to move on to the next one too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweety! This post is great!!
    Your blog is amazing! so I'll be happy if we could follow each other. Just let me know in my blog if you do it and I will follow back inmediatly!
    have a great looong weekend!
    xoxo from Spain

    www.thegrisgirl.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete