Image Map

Make Up Revolution Haul

16 April 2014


Make Up Revolution is a new brand which has been all over some of my favourite blogs recently, so I couldn't resist seeing what all the fuss was about! 



First on my list, was always going to be the Iconic 3 palette. I think we can all guess which well known brand this palette is duping, but I can afford this £4 price tag a lot easier than the £37 for the original! I can't do a comparison on how the shades match up to the original, but what I do know is that these shades are gorgeous. I love a shimmery eyeshadow, and this palette is packed with them, as well as some lovely matte shades. I've swatched them below for your viewing pleasure, and so that I could get a feel for the texture of the shadows. I've had to number the lighter shades as they were almost invisible on my pale skin, but I'm in love nonetheless. This is a gorgeous palette, and I've already used it to create a couple of looks for work and going out in the evening, it's really very versatile.






I also picked up two baked blushers. For £2.50 each, you get a fantastic pop of colour with a hint of shimmer. These will probably be going with me on holiday to Corfu next month, as I think they'd look great with slightly tanned (if I'm lucky) holiday skin! I picked up Loved Me the Best and All I Think About is You. Loved Me the Best is more of a peachy red which is a colour I've really been enjoying this spring. It seems to really suit my skintone. All I Think About is You is more candy pink, but with some peach undertones thrown in. I'm in love with both of them! 




I was intrigued by the Amazing Care Lipsticks, the layer of Argan oil surrounding the inner layer of colour to provide hydration sounds like my ideal product! I went for Love Pink as on the website it looks like quite a natural pink colour, but in person it's quite bright! I was interested to see how these applied, and I did get in a little bit of a mess on my first go as the colour sort of smudged onto the outer layer, but once I'd got the hang of it, it was quite easy. These are incredibly comfortable to wear, they don't feel sticky or gloopy like a gloss, and they don't really feel like a lipstick either. I'd definitely recommend!




Finally, I couldn't leave the site without picking up a nail polish, especially at only £1 each. I picked a lovely dusky pink, called Never Enough. The formula seems fairly standard, I did find that the polish seemed to take quite a long time to dry, but a quick drying top coat would fix that. I applied two coats as I would normally. 




I am super impressed by Make Up Revolution. I've picked up some absolute bargain products which aren't lacking in quality at all, and I can't wait to see where this brand is going to go! I can definitely see myself going back for the other Iconic palettes, and the baked blushes are amazing. 


Have you picked up anything from Make Up Revolution yet?


 

5 comments:

  1. ive never bought anything from this brand, ive only recently heard of it actually, but after reading your lovely review i may look into buying a few products! i'd love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/catch-ups-apologies-and-week-of.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get that palette, the colours are to die for! I haven`t bought anything yet, but I will definitely try a bit of everything. I`ve read only good reviews, so I can`t wait to buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting for my order to arrive! I ordered the Iconic 2 palette and the #happylips lipstick in Love a Hug! Cannot wait! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I;ve been hearing a lot about these recently and they have some really gorgeous products!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The palette looks amazing!! lovely nails dear :)
    http://www.indianfashionandlifestyle.com/

    ReplyDelete