Image Map

Weekly Book Round Up #36

18 April 2014


I was so happy to dive back into the world of Flavia de Luce! Flavia is a precocious 12 year old with a talent for chemistry and mystery solving. Set in the English countryside in the early 1950's, these books are probably one of my favourite series ever! This time, we join the de Luce family at a very grim period. Harriet (Flavia's mother) has returned, but it's not you might have expected. As always, there are mysteries to be solved, and this time it might be the most dangerous one of all. I did think that this might be the ending of the Flavia series, but I have been informed via Goodreads that this is merely the end of a period in Flavia's life, and that we will be following her on further adventures which I am very pleased about! I didn't enjoy this book quite as much as the others, as I could definitely feel the loose ends being tied up which worried me, as I didn't know at that point that there would be more books to come. I'd definitely recommend these if mysteries are your sort of thing!


Nicola's rating: 3.5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment