Image Map

Weekly Book Round Up #40

15 May 2014



This is the first book in Kelley Armstrong's newest trilogy. It definitely wasn't what I was expecting, and is a bit of a departure from her usual style. This was much more of a fantasy novel than anything I've read from her before, following the main characters (twin sisters Ashyn and Moria) who are the Keeper and Seeker. The Seeker's job is to calm the spirits of the exiles that are sent into the forest, and the Keeper's job is to protect the Seeker and villagers. There were a few elements in this book that reminded me of Game of Thrones (shadow stalkers, white walkers?) and Sabriel (the spirit calming), but the story didn't really grab me as much as Kelley Armstrong's novels usually do. Hopefully the second book will be an improvement!


Nicola's rating: 3/5



This is my last post for a week, as I am off on my honeymoon to Corfu! I haven't scheduled anything for next week (because I'm lazy) but I will be back to regular blogging on Monday 26th May, hopefully with some outfit posts and lovely holiday pictures to share! In the meantime, please keep entering my giveaway to win TheBalm's How 'bout them Apples? palette which you can find HERE

See you soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment