Image Map

Weekly Book Round Up #41

26 May 2014

For the first time in ages I managed to get more than one book read in a week! Obviously, I was on  holiday so there was a lot of catching up on my Kindle books, and I'm aware that this is a bit of a weird time of week to be posting a round up, but I've got a lot of blog posts that I want to get posted this week so prepare for a lot of posts this week!




This book was really odd. It's the first Kate Atkinson I've read, and it follows the lives and various reincarnations of Ursula. Born in 1910, Ursula lives and dies repeatedly in different ways, seemingly searching for a way to live her life 'right'. Large parts of the book are focused on her different lives in the second world war. In one, she is living in Germany with access to Eva Braun. In another, she is working as a bomb site responder. I really enjoyed reading this book, and the way it was written, but I finished it feeling as though I'd missed something. 


Nicola's rating: 3.5/5




I first read Adrian Mole when I was in school, and after hearing about the very sad death of Sue Townsend, I decided to revisit it on holiday. It's just as funny as I remembered, and I can't wait to read the sequels. For those that haven't read the book, think Louise Rennison's 'Angus, Things and Full-Frontal Snogging', but set in the 1980's and from a male point of view and you're pretty much spot on. Great fun, and a must-read if you haven't already!


Nicola's rating: 4.5/5






This was the book I was most excited to read on holiday. The final book in Laini Taylor's masterpiece 'Daughter of Smoke and Bone' trilogy. The story has followed the battle between the chimaera and the angels to it's peak, and now everything hangs in the balance. I can't really review this book in a way that will do it justice, but for me, this is a must-read trilogy. I think that this is one of my favourite series of all time, and Laini Taylor has become one of my favourite authors. I can't wait to see what she'll write next!


Nicola's rating: 5/5 


My giveaway to win TheBalm's 'How 'bout them Apples' palette still has 11 days left to go! Remember to keep tweeting about it for more entries, and if you haven't already entered, you can find it HERE!



1 comment:

  1. I loved Louise Rennison's books, so I might have to give that second book a try!

    ReplyDelete