Image Map

Weekly Book Round Up #46

28 June 2014




I really like reading autobiographies, especially those of comedians, and David Mitchell (of Mitchell and Webb) is someone that I've always found very funny. Initially, I struggled a bit with this book as it is laid out in quite a strange way, but once I got into it I enjoyed it. It was particularly interesting to read about his time as a Cambridge University student, and how he met many of the people he now works with. I didn't find it a funny book, he often goes off on long tangents that I found a little bit boring and long winded but overall I still found this to be an interesting read.


Nicola's rating: 3.5/5






S.J. Bolton is one of my favourite thriller/crime authors, and the latest edition to the Lacey Flint series did not fail to disappoint! We rejoin Lacey after her recent traumatic cases, living on a boat on the Thames. Life isn't entirely peaceful though, as someone has started to leave strange objects on her boat, and she discovers the body of a young woman wrapped in a shroud in the river. I was kept guessing for the majority of the book, and thoroughly creeped out in other parts, and as a result I devoured this book in a couple of days. I can't wait for the next one!


Nicola's rating: 4.5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment