Image Map

Weekly Book Round Up #50

25 July 2014






This is such a fun series, I'm always excited when a new Charley Davidson book comes out! Charley is a P.I. with a difference. She's the grim reaper incarnate and in addition to guiding souls to thir final destination, she can communicate with ghosts to help them resolve any unfinished business. Think Stephanie Plum with a supernatural twist, these books are fun, dramatic, and a riot to read. I'm already looking forward to the next one!


Nicola's rating: 5/5





Rebel Belle is the a new offering from Rachel Hawkins, and while I wasn't expecting much, I actually really enjoyed it! Harper Price is the queen bee at her school, but after a strange encounter at her school dance, she finds herself gifted with super strength and lethal fighting abilities. She has become a Paladin, a guardian for one of her classmates, who just so happens to be her worst enemy. In some ways this reminded me of Buffy the vampire slayer, there's a lot of kick ass fight scenes and the dialogue between charaters is always entertaining. I really thought that this would be quite a boring read but I was pleasantly surprised!


Nicola's rating: 4/5



No comments:

Post a Comment